Wednesday, July 8, 2015

DUBBED PINOY TELESERYE: "Marimar" in Kenya in English, that's the video, BUT I Have Some Unrelated Commentaries on Showbiz "SPIN", etc.


We should be shouting more that Pinoy teleseryes are a hit in many countries of the world. I was amazed to confirm they are. Most Filipinos actually ignore them. The high ratings that you read in the papers don't reflect the reality to most Filipinos. I grew up with nobody talking to me about Pinoy showbiz. If ever I had the curiosity, I was repulsed by what I saw- that was the time of Jolina & her gang- which made me totally avoid local TV then. The next time I got curious, there was this host of a TV show who looked "cross-eyed" to me and that turned me off again. It's only when I was doing this blog that I learned her name and it turned out she was actually a big actress. How did a "cross-eyed" lady become a big actress here, that really became a big puzzle to me. Have we sunk that low? As for movies, only a manute portion of our population bother. Our hits are considered big if about a million people have seen it (PHP150 million gross). That's laughable considering our population is 100 million. One of the things I learned in starting this blog (which started as a joke but ended up becoming an eye-opener) is that we can actually be big-time if we just be truthful to our spins. If we can spin a cross-eyed girl and sell her to the gullible, why not spin truthfully & attract the sane majority instead?

4 comments:

  1. Ganyan naman mga sikat dito... mga babalu, duling, punggok, mukhang kabayong bading, etc. Tapos sabihin nila masa. Hirap na hirap ang mga Koreano sa kapaparetoke sa mga mukha nila para maloko nila ang mga sarili na maganda rin DAW sila tapos eto tayo, may balak yatang gawing self-image natin ang pagiging abnormal. Ano, para poor forever?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pilalakas lang nila inferiority complex ng mga Pilipino

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni Gonzaga- duling; Ai Ai - babalu ; punggok, ang dami nila.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wala kasing deep-thinker sa Pilipinas. Yung mga big political issues kuno gaya ng Diversity e gawing ingay lang to psychologically lull ang mga masa pero not to the extent to destroy their self-image & strengthen their inferiority complex. Sa America ba, sumisikat ba ng husto ngayon sa America ang mga abnormal? Tsinugi rin si Lady Gaga pagkatapos gamitin siya pero lumutang pa rin ang sweet girl na si Taylor Swift all along. Ang puti na ni Beyonce maski na Black pa ang President. Iba naman kasi ang pinasisikat talaga ng pangmatagalan, those who can strengthen the self-image of the people. Especially ngayon na anytime may economic crisis na naman sila which might be bigger than the 2008 one. E tayo pobre na nga, mga abnormal pa ang self-image. Kasi nakisawsaw sila sa mga political issues na di nila naiintindihan ng malaliman

    ReplyDelete